Monday, April 19, 2010

Banana Bars with Cream Cheese Frosting

In my efforts to clean the clutter in my house I am going through my recipe collection.  Okay, maybe it is more than a collection and a horde, but I am finally trying to go through all the clippings and saved web pages to find the recipes that I want to keep and those that although sound good are just gross.  So, to that end you will be seeing a lot of recipe posts in the future as I go through the stash.  These recipes are ones that I will be making again and again and have gotten the seal of approval from husband and kids.  Here we go!
Banana Bars
(I think I heard my heart shutting down as I ate these bars so for your sake I have cut the frosting recipe in half and cut back on the sugar in the bars.  The picture shows with full recipe of frosting and as you can see a tiny bar with an inch of frosting.  It was good but like I said my heart tried to shut down. :)  For the original recipe see my baking addiction.)



1/2 cup butter
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 cup sour cream
1 tsp vanilla
2 cup flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1 cup mashed banana
Heat oven to 350* and grease a 9X13" pan.  Cream the butter and sugar.  Add in eggs one at a time.  Stir in the sour cream and vanilla.  Stir in the dry ingredients.  Mix in the mashed banana.  Put in pan and bake for 25-30 min or until done.  Cool completely.
Frosting
8 oz cream cheese softened
1/4 cup softened butter
1 lb powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp cinnamon.
Beat together and spread over cooled bars. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment