Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Chocolate Gingerbread Truffles


I found the recipe for these cookies at  blueeyedbakers.com and noticed that they lacked eggs.  The cookies were soooo delicious with extra ginger, molasses, and chocolate that I thought, "Why not cookie dough truffles?"  And that is exactly what I did.  I took out the baking soda and chocolate chunks, rolled them into balls, and after some refridgeration I dipped them in chocolate.  Our favorite is the white chocolate, it just kind of balances the cookie dough out.



1/2 cup butter, softened
1 Tbsp freshly grated ginger
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup molasses
1 1/2 tsp boiling water
1 1/2 cup flour
1 1/4 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
1/4 tsp ground cloves
1 Tbsp cocoa powder
Favorite dipping chocolate - I use Bada Bing Bada Boom

In bowl beat the butter and the grated ginger until light and fluffy.  Add brown sugar, boiling water and molasses; mix until combined.  Add in flour, cocoa, and spices mixing until just combined.  Roll into 1/2"-3/4" balls and place in fridge for 30 min.  Remove and dip in chocolate. 

Go ahead and try one, though I'm not sure you can stop at just one.

No comments:

Post a Comment