Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Pear Cobbler Muffins


These are right up there with the best muffins ever!  At AFewShortCuts I found a recipe for Peach Cobbler Mufffins that looked really good.  One problem though, I didn't have any peaches.  I did have pears though and combining those pears with a choice to make these a little better for you I came up with this recipe.

3 cup flour
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
3/4 cup oil
3 eggs
1 1/2 cup sugar
2 cups peeled, cored, and chopped pears (about 3)
7 oz flavored yogurt

Preheat oven to 375*.  Lightly grease or line 24 muffin tins.
Mix together the oil, eggs, sugar and yogurt.  Add flour, soda, salt, and cinnamon.  Mix until well incorporated (may be thick).  Stir in the pears.  Spoon into prepared tins.  Sprinkle with streusel topping.  Bake for 20-25 min or until done.

Streusel Topping
2/3 cup brown sugar
2/3 cup flour
2/3 cup finely chopped nuts, optional (called for pecans I used pinenuts)
4 Tbsp butter, softened
1 tsp cinnamon

Mix all together.  Sprinkle 1 Tbsp on muffins before baking.

Enjoy.  They didn't last long in my house.


No comments:

Post a Comment