Friday, October 21, 2011

Pumpkin Cornbread


What goes better with chili than cornbread?  Nothing in my book.  While searching around for pupmkin recipes I stumbled on this one at http://www.recipegirl.com/.  I made it, loved, and I'm pretty sure I didn't change anything from the original (which usually I do).  This is a sweet cornbread with butter and honey not required, but definately worth it if you do.  Yummmm!

1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1 Tbsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1 cup cornmeal
2 eggs
1 cup pumpkin puree (either canned or homemade)
2/3 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup oil
1Tbsp molasses

Preheat oven to 400*.  Grease a 9" square pan.
In bowl beat eggs lightly.  Whisk in pupmkin, molasses and brown sugar.  Stir in dry ingredients.  Don't overmix it.  Pour into pan and bake for 30 min or until done.

No comments:

Post a Comment