Monday, October 31, 2011

Gluten Free Chocolate Cookies


I saw this recipe at afewshortcuts.com and knew I needed to make them.  First of I thought of my sister Erin who has celiac disease, but really it was all about me and the chocolate.  I found I didn't need as many egg whites as the site used and I split the chocolate chip amount in half and added white chips.

2/3 cup dark cocoa powder
3 cups powdered sugar
1/8 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla
3-4 egg whites (I used 3)
3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
3/4 cup white chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350*.  Whisk together sugar, cocoa and salt.  Whisk in egg whites and vanilla until just moistened.  The batter should be thick like fudge brownies.  Stir in chips.  Scoop by tablespoon onto greased baking pans.  Bake for 12-14 min until tops are glossy and cookie is slightly cracked.  Cool completely on sheet.

No comments:

Post a Comment