Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Tex-Mex Casserole

I've really been cooking by the seat of my pants the last couple of weeks.  Normally I plan out a menu for the week, shop for it, and then serve it.  However, my computer has been crazy and wouldn't let my writing program work, so hence I've been cooking with whatever and making it up as a go.  Sometimes great things come from this type of cooking and sometimes dissaster.  I'm pleased to say that this was one of the good times.  A taco casserole.


1 lb hamburger
1 pgk taco seasoning
1 cup salsa
8 oz cream cheese, cubed
1 can corn
1 can kidney or black beans
2/3 cup pumpkin or squash puree
1 cup shredded mexican mix cheese
3 Tbsp chopped cilantro - optional
1 cup bisquick
1 cup milk
2 eggs

Preheat oven to 400*F.
Brown the hamburger and drain of fat if any.  Stir in the seasoning, cilantro if using, salsa, cream cheese, corn, beans, and squash.  Stir to melt the cream cheese.  In medium bowl, stir together the bisquick, milk and eggs until blended.  Stir in the cheese.  Transfer meat mix to a 7X11" greased pan.  Pour the bisquick mix on top of meat.  Bake for 20-25 min until top is golden brown and meat mix is bubbling.

No comments:

Post a Comment