Monday, April 19, 2010

Low Carb Crepes

In my efforts to eat better with gestational diabetes I got this recipe from a friend who was doing a low carb diet.  These really are good and good for you.  I found that you have to cook them on low heat or else they stick to the pan.  I cook mine on the number 2 on my burner dial.  Trial and error are what you will need to find where to cook yours.  This recipe makes one serving, but I find them very filling and split the amount between 2 days.  Since they take so long to cook I also double the recipe and use them all week long.
Here is one cooking.
1/4 cup oatmeal
1/2 cup cottage cheese
4 egg whites or equivalent of liquid egg whites
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp splenda or other sugar substitute
Put all ingredients in the blender and blend together.  I usually leave out the vanilla and sugar substitute because I figure with toppings I don't need the extra stuff.  Cook in skillet sprayed with cooking spray one at a time.  Serve with your favorite toppings.  I spread peanut butter on top and add low carb syrup (Mrs. Buttersworth).
Stack of finished crepes.

No comments:

Post a Comment