Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Curried Chicken Salad

Today I have a luncheon/playdate and was asked to bring an awesome salad.  An awesome salad?  What in the world would that be?  I've been racking my brain trying to think of a new salad I could make that would be awesome.  I've hit gold!  This curried salad boasts crunchy and soft, sweet and savory.  With the warmth of curry, the crunch of celery, the sweetness of grapes, and the creamy softness of butternut squash your whole mouth gets a new sensation with every bite.  In essence it is fall food perfection.  I hope you take the time to try this salad, you may just find it to be awesome.



1 cup sliced celery
1 cup grapes, halved or quartered depending on size
1 cup toasted sliced almonds
2 cup roasted butternut squash, cubed
3 cup diced rotisserie chicken
1 cup light miracle whip
2 tsp curry powder
1 Tbsp honey
1 tsp lime juice

Put celery, grapes, squash, chicken and 3/4 cup of almonds in bowl.  In separate bowl combine miracle whip, curry, honey and lime juice.  Pour dressing over chicken mixture and stir to coat.  Garnish with remaining almonds.  Serve as is or with crackers or as a sandwich.
For the chicken I just used chicken I roasted at home, but you can use what you like.
Linked to http://www.chef-in-training.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment