Thursday, August 11, 2011

Oatmeal Raisin Chocolate Chip Cookies

I think I'm in love.  I love oatmeal raisin chocolate chip cookies.  I usually use whatever recipe I have.  Off the butter or oatmeal container or from a book.  As I was reading the family circle magazine there was a recipe for oatmeal chocolate chip cookies.  My house was cold today so to warm it up I made these cookies but changed it just a little bit.  I added dried fruit, didn't flatten them down, and what are oatmeal cookies without cinnamon?  I added some of that too.  Oh my goodness!  Soft and chewy goodness with melted chocolate (they were just out of the oven) met my taste buds and hurray a new favorite was born.




1 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup white sugar
1 cup brown sugar
1 egg
1 egg yolk
1 Tbsp vanilla
2 cup flour
1 cup oatmeal
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
2 cup chocolate chips
1 cup raisins or chopped dried cherries (I used the cherries)

Heat oven to 325*.  Cream the butter and sugars until smooth and creamy.  Add the egg, egg yolk and vanilla.  Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt together; add to the butter mixture.  Beat until well blended.  Stir in the chocolate chips and raisins. At this point you can bake it all or refridgerate for up to a week.  Drop by large tablespoon on greased cookie sheet.  Bake for 12-15 min or until brown.  Serve with a tall glass of milk and enjoy!


Even after hours on the counter they were still soft and chewy.

No comments:

Post a Comment