Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Double Peanut Butter Paisley Brownies

Doug made these wonderful brownies for my birthday.  If I hadn't been trying to stick to my diet I probably would have eaten the whole pan.  They may not look it but they are to die for.  At least for me.  There is chocolate and peanut butter one of my favorite flavor combinations.  My dad, not a peanut butter fan weird I know, ate the plain chocolate brownies but this pan was made for me.


1/2 cup butter, softened
1/4 cup peanut butter, creamy
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup packed brown sugar
3 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
2 cup flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
10oz package peanut butter chips
1/2 cup chocolate syrup

Heat oven to 350*.  Grease a 9X13" pan.  Beat butter and peanut butter.  Add sugars and beat well.  Add eggs one at a time beating well after each addition.  Blend in vanilla.  Add flour, baking powder and salt; blending well.  Stir in peanut butter chips.  Spread half of the batter into prepared pan.  Spoon syrup over the top.  Carefully top with remaining batter, swirl with metal spatual or knife for marbled effect.  Bake for 35-40 min or until lightly browned.  Cool completely in pan.  Cut into 24 squares.
This recipe was on the back of Reese's Peanut Butter chips.

No comments:

Post a Comment