Friday, March 19, 2010

Brownies - YUMMM


Doesn't the title and the picture just say it all. I think I have found my favorite from scratch brownie recipe. I love fudgey brownies, not those cake like things that are so dry you need a gallon of milk to get them down. I ran across a recipe on my baking addiction tweaked it for me and the result was perfect in my opinion. I put it up for you to judge.
Mint Brownies
1 cup butter
4 squares semi-sweet baking chocolate (4oz total)
1 Tbsp peppermint syrup (like Torini)
3 eggs
1 cup flour
3/4 cup cocoa
2 cup brown sugar
1+ cup andes mints, broken into 3rds
In a saucepan melt the butter and chocolate. Remove from heat and stir in the brown sugar and peppermint syrup. When cool add the eggs one at a time stirring until glossy. Sift the flour and cocoa in the pan. Stir until just moist and then add the mints. Pour into a greased 9X13" pan and bake at 350*F for 23-27min.

No comments:

Post a Comment