Thursday, August 20, 2009

Creamy Coconut Oatmeal with Dried Peaches

I found this recipe in the newspaper and love it. I did modify it because I wanted something quicker and easy. The original recipe called for making a pecan brittle with the coconut, but I just toasted both and used as a topping. Thought I would share it with my friends and family.
Creamy Coconut Oatmeal with Dried Peaches
1 cup steel cut oats
1 Tbsp sugar
salt
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1/4 cup unsweetened dried shredded coconut
1/4 cup finely diced dried peaches
14 oz can coconut milk
Pour coconut milk in a 4 cup measuring cup and add water to make 4 cups. Pour into saucepan, add sugar and a pinch of salt, and bring to a boil. Add oatmeal and cook whisking occasionally until mixture starts to thicken. Reduce heat and simmer 25-30 min until oameal is tender. During last 5-10 min of cooking add the peaches so they become tender. Stir frequently at end so oatmeal doesn't stick. Serve with toasted pecans and shredded coconut.
* you can toast the oatmeal before cooking if you want

No comments:

Post a Comment