Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Strawberry Bread

I love making sweet breads and have found a recipe that I can alter to make up my own types of breads. I made this to take on the family reunion trip and it was awesome. Of course I had to taste it to make sure it came out all right and let me tell you it did. I just sliced off a piece and without adding butter took a bite. Oh my gosh! It tasted like I had added butter it was so creamy and yummy. I think it may have something to do with adding some whole wheat flour in place of some of the regular flour. I don't know but it was great.
1/4 cup butter
3/4 cup sour cream (any kind from fat free to full fat)
3/4 cup sugar
1 cup pureed strawberries
1 cup diced strawberries
2 eggs
2 cup flour (sub up to 1/2 cup whole wheat if you wish)
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 Tbsp Torani Almond flavored syrup
Cream butter, sour cream and sugar. Add eggs, syrup and pureed strawberries. Add dry ingredients and mix well. Stir in diced strawberries. Pour into a 9x5" loaf pan or two smaller ones. Bake at 350* for 50-65 min or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Enjoy as is or add butter or cream cheese.

Linked to eatathomecooks.com

No comments:

Post a Comment