Saturday, December 11, 2010

Jam Tarts

Why is it I've never made tarts before?  Maybe it has something to do with the fact that I don't have a tart pan or maybe I'm just lazy and thought making them was too much effort.  Whatever the reason I'm glad I made these.


The original recipe was found here: http://stolenmomentscooking.com/pecan-tartlets
I was so happy to be able to use some of the more unique jams (like raspberry mango and orange peach) that I have canned to make these, but any jam would work.

Jam Tartlets

For the pastry:
6 oz. cream cheese
1 c. butter
2 c. flour
1/8 t. salt

For Filling:
Favorite jam

Place cream cheese and butter in a mixing bowl and beat until creamy, about 2-3 minutes. Add flour and salt and beat until dough comes together and forms a ball

To assemble:
1. Roll out dough on a lightly floured surface. Using a 2-inch round cookie cutter or glass, cut out circles. Press into mini muffin tins, going all the way up the sides of the cups.
2. Spoon in jam to 2/3 full
3. Bake at 350 degrees for about 15 minutes, until lightly golden brown and filling is set.
Sprinkle with powdered sugar when completely cooled.

linked to eatathomecooks.com

No comments:

Post a Comment