Saturday, May 29, 2010

Lime Coconut Bars

I love citrus flavored food.  I'm especially fond of Lemon Bars.  Recently I found an exceptional recipe at mybakingaddiction.com.  Today I modified it to make Lime Bars.  All I can say is Yummmmmmm!

1 1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup powdered sugar
3/4 cup cold butter cut up
4 eggs
1 1/2 cup sugar
1/2 lime juice or lemon juice for lemon bars
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup coconut
Blue food coloring optional to make green color

Preheat oven to 350*.  Grease a 9x13" pan.  In a bowl cut together the flour, powdered sugar and butter.  A food processor makes quick work of this.  Press into the bottom of the pan.  Bake for 15 min.  While it cooks mix together the eggs, sugar, baking powder, juice, and food coloring if desired.  Pour over crust and sprinkle top with coconut.  Bake for 20-25 min or until lightly browned.  Sprinkle with powdered sugar and cut into bars.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment