Thursday, February 18, 2010

Cheesy Ham and Broccoli Casserole

When Doug and I were first married we went shopping and Albertson's and saw this recipe card for a ham casserole.  Since I collect recipes I grabbed one to take home.  Later I made the dish and Doug loved it.  I was able to make it a few more times before I lost the recipe while moving.  We've tried over the years to find the recipe again and couldn't.  I've made similar dishes but none came out the same way.  Well ten years later while looking though some recipe book I found the original recipe card.  Imagine the excitement at this find.  This is a simple dish, but good and filling and a great way to get kids to eat broccoli.  Hope you enjoy it.


16 oz frozen chopped broccoli
1 can condensed cream of mushroom soup (or chicken)
1 can condensed cheddar cheese soup
1 cup milk
3 cup cubed fully cooked ham
1/2 tsp onion powder
2 Tbsp chopped parsley
2 cup Bisquick baking mix
1 1/2 cup milk

Heat oven to 450*F.  Mix broccoli, soups, ham, 1 cup milk, and onion powder.  Pour into ungreased 13X9" baking dish.  Top with parsley.
Mix baking mix and remaining milk.  Pour evenly over soup mixture.  Bake 27-30 min or until lightly brown.  Cool 5 min and enjoy.
I served ours with fruit and a salad to make a balanced meal.


No comments:

Post a Comment