Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Easy Cheesy Chicken Strips

My children have got to be the pickiest eaters in the world. However, we have finally gotten them to branch away from mac n' cheese to try other things most importantly meat. I have so many cookbooks that I never use that I thought I should start using them. This recipe comes from Betty Crocker Easy family dinners and my children loved it last night even asking for more. I know I was shocked. Good thing I was sitting down. Hope your families like it as much as mine.
Recipe:
1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts or tenders (if using breasts cut them into 1/2" strips)
2 cups cheese-flavored crackers, crushed
1/2 cup finely shredded cheddar cheese
1 egg
barbeque sauce, ketchup, or ranch dressing if desired
Heat oven to 400*F. Spray cookie sheet with cooking spray. Mix crushed crackers and cheese (best to use a ziplock bag). Beat egg in a seperate bowl. Coat chicken with egg and then with crackers. Place in single layer on pan. Bake for 10-12 minutes until no longer pink. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment